Stop everything. I have found the best recipe for a chocolate zucchini loaf. I scoured Pinterest and this one by Wyld Flour is by far my favourite. It’s rich, it’s moist, and the best thing: it’s healthy. I couldn’t taste the zucchini at all so it’s safe to say that while typing this out, I already had 2 slices.
One thing I did change is that I used 1/4 cup regular cocoa powder & 1/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder. I also only used 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
Check this recipe adapted from Wyldflour :
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 pcs)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F for 15minutes. Grease loaf pan with melted butter (you won’t have to use parchment paper if you grease the pan with butter.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg thoroughly and add the sugar. Slowly add in the Greek yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and shredded zucchini.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and slice (Tip: dip the knife in hot water for a clean cut)
Have you tried the recipe? Let me know what you think.